Monday, February 06, 2006

St. Raymond of the Dogs

Well, we're marching fearlessly into the 20th century- my family has internet access from home. Which means a little more time to post, apart from doing the dishes, the laundry and cleaning the house. But that's all right- it's worth it. Today was one of those thoroughly unproductive days at work. But that's one of the drawbacks to working in a call center- you have down time, and, on occasion, no way to productively fill it. Except catch up on your reading, which is what I used the time for. I also heard from my brother in law (via his blog, actually) that he got to meet Martin Espada, one of my favorite contemporary poets. I probably would have done something dorky like asked for his autograph.
Untitled

Days merciful fate she
grants me
My own hand to scatter riches
to the four winds
under what strange new skies
Together let's
plumb the higher things of man
Adam's ordered assembly
All is exposed, the beating
bleeding heart
The house you built or
was built for you
Do not despise a humble man
Do not shy from the sinner's hand
wise friends, be not far
Come, be a fool with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home