Saturday, July 21, 2007

La Fin Du Monde

Today I'm heading down to the Greater Hartford Jazz Festival- Hartford may have its share of problems, but it's a pretty decent place to hear good jazz. There's a lot of talent knocking around the Nutmeg state. I'm hoping to hear one rendition of Brazil- one of my favorites. At any rate, the sun is out, the breeze is blowing, the grass is green, and I'm sitting here at the keyboard. I should be at the gym- it's been a while, been a strange year, and my weight has kind of bounced around- at this point I could stand to lose about 10 pounds- that's my goal for this and next month. I was at the gym a couple days ago for the first time in quite a while, but I was glad to see I can still bench press my own weight. (That's with the extra 10 pounds). Good motivation to lift- the music that's always playing in gyms, probably to help keep you awake and going, was Yes. I don't know what the name of the song was, but for some reason I can't stand Yes. Yes pisses me off. Being pissed off and lifting weights is a good combination, as long as you don't overdo it and pull a muscle. I'm now debating whether or not I should try and be pissed off about something every time I go down there. But it's going to be hard finding that much to be pissed off about on at least a weekly basis. I also detest Roxanne- I think it's by Sting. So here's an idea- get together all the songs I can't stand and listen to them on headphones while I work out. It would probably save time, too- I'd go like hell the sooner to be rid of the music.


La Fin Du Monde
La fin du monde, as it were, and here’s how it all comes down-
Somewhere over Cleveland, we gave up hope, the
Giant goddess called in a voice of UN Resolutions, the End Is Here, don’t fight the
Inevitable,
Tonight the snow is falling, we are Babylon, we are it, baby!
Forming the forefront of every waking thought, we move
Roll on, motion is the only constant- change
I hear in the background, continuous news feeding into the synapse, the
Chemical release driving you back to reality, then further,back to insanity,
drain the bottle and hope the
Next fix is soon, I told the masses I stopped going to church, and the men in suits lined
up to shake my hand
Are you now
Alerted to a pattern? See it behind the
wallpaper of a new era, sun-lit and terrible? What new beast
Will lurch towards unknown realms seeking rebirth in the karmic decision that is
Now? I got up early despite no night’s sleep, stepped to the edge of oblivion, the same as every day, and shouted,
“HEY MAN, WHAT’S GOING ON? and
No answers, only the static radio carrier wave hiss of your empty smile
Greets me each day and so it is that
Death is a luxury not given to me-
Time to clock in, the sun is up
Again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home