Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back again

It's been a while since I last posted, mainly due to technical difficulties. The computer was not able to locate its own hard drive, and with it the operating system, so it got a little confused. Luckily, we got it back up and running. Which is good, because it had a ton of writing on it that it never occurred to me to back up on disk. (This is a good reason why I should back stuff up). So the first thing I did was create a backup of everything worth saving. Having a working PC is especially useful now that the lease on our apartment is coming up soon. We decided not to renew, as the rent keeps increasing. So next week we jump in with both feet and give notice that we're not renewing. Which leaves us without a place to live unless we find a house or another apartment to rent or buy. Prospects on renting are pretty grim, at least around here, so it looks like we're going to try for a house. This is actually going a great deal easier, and it looks like getting a mortgage should not be a problem. Finding a house is a little tougher, but that's what I do, at least try to do- take care of the family. So we're all under a little stress lately, (okay, I lied-more than a little) and the whole work situation is not helping. But the thing to remember is, in the long run, what really matters.

Unsigned Letters
May I too find the
letters dropped in the street, signed
with your name and
written by your hand-
I will keep them with me,
read them to all I meet
Fearing only that I may not
capture the true
words of the writer
that the song may not
be the same as my own, but
lesser
Too short a time
master this before
my spring unwinds, my
mechansim runs down
No shock here, having
died myself a
thousand times over-
Do I, for this
Contain multitudes?
(This was kind of a tribute to Walt Whitman, one of my favorite poets and dirty old men. Hope you liked it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home