Monday, February 20, 2006

Nothing rhymes with Azathoth

Today was the end of a long weekend, so I spent a couple hours of it at the gym- I haven't been to hit the weights in a couple weeks, and, while never huge by any means, I do like to keep in shape. The better care you take of the equipment, the longer it lasts, or so I'm told. I was surprised to find after that much time, I was still able to do everything I used to be able to do. I expected to spend the time making up lost ground, but that's not the case. I'll probably be plenty sore in the morning, but that's the price you pay. I was all set to run Saturday night, but walked outside and realized a new definition of cold. So, when the air stings you as soon as you step out the door, it might be best to reconsider if you want to come back with all the fingers you left with. I was surprised I haven't lost anything by way of weight-lifting ability, despite being slightly softer around the middle. I'm afraid I haven't been able to come up with very much in the way of new poems, (most of the ones I post are written and finalized within two weeks, which is my normal time frame) so it's time to head down to the catacombs and see what I can unearth. Hope you enjoy!
Dharma Bum
Never had the privelege
to learn old worker songs in
Santa Barbara, thankfully
a written narrative, I
don't know which, along that
Long railroad-where was it
that Charlie Parker went
mad in Camarillo, then
returned to sanity and some
good playing-
Never had the privelege,
Glad you did, reciting
the Heart Sutra in a boxcar siding
Why commemorate the moment, the
wine is already drunk and the
moment passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home