Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Latest News

Today was my day off, inasmuch as I didn't have to go in to work. So we spent the day with a real estate agent, checking out houses. We're all set to move out of the flat and into a house, and just put in an offer on a cape house in Enfield. It looks like we can swing the mortgage, (will wonders never cease) and hopefully will be settled in by the summer. Even my two-year old is excited, although I don't think he quite grasps that we'll be living somewhere else. This is the only place he's ever lived, being only two, but is pretty excited nonetheless. There's a good deal of space for a garden, too, which is something I've always wanted to do. Not that I know the first thing about plants, but one is never too old to learn. So now we haggle away until we come up with an offer we can afford and that everyone is satisfied with. At the risk of sounding overly optimistic, I've got a pretty good feeling about this place. Wish me luck!
Fuseli's Nightmare
Flight of the Nightmare,
pale as moonlight
Blind eyes rolling, muscles flex
charges silently
through the night's wind
Bearing her charge of
Mortal suffering,
light as smoke, fading as quickly
Unwanted, yet
Locked away forever behind
Human eyes, human mind
Her horror dims, but lingers on
Until again the hoofbeats
approach the sleeping form
(This was inspired by a painting by Fuseli called The Nightmare- I saw it many years ago, and it still gives me the creeps to this day. I guess that makes it good art, if it can create that kind of a reaction).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home