Friday, May 19, 2006

But the next day...

"Frop" refers to the hallucinogenic substance that popular cult icon J.R. "Bob" Dobbs smokes in his pipe. Refer to www.subgenius.com for the complete origins of "Bob" and the Sub Geniuses. These people are not normal, but you have to admire the level of commitment involved here. These folks really do seem serious. Plus, good for a few laughs.
In other news, we finally managed to close on the house in Enfield, and are in the laborious process of painting and cleaning. My dear wife, bless her, has a few days off, and along with her sister was over there all day cleaning. I was at work dealing with the usual Friday afternoon circus. I'd rather be cleaning. When you clean up one mess, it doesn't turn into twelve more. But life goes on, does it not? Considering the fact that I'm where I am, it still surprises me. I know only I am responsible for the decisions I make, the good and the bad, but when I think about all the years, it's really pretty amazing. So many things have happened, and so many more are no doubt going to happen.
In the Old Pub
She smiled, a
quick dark feral grin
A nimbus of darkness seemed to cling
around the
shoulder-length black hair,
eyes green as
the sea,
lips that could just as
easily be red with blood-
No longer noticing
how the seats next to me
are empty-
Perhaps they
were afraid I would eat them
"Your brother
mentioned it to me;
He thinks our
families may have been...
intertwined
many years ago.
I offered to
buy her a drink
Before I even
Knew her name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home