Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, or for that matter the night before that. We did, however, manage to get a deal on a house up in Enfield, CT. We close in a little under a month. Plenty of time to get all our junk together and get it moved over. The house needs paint and a few alterations to the kitchen, mostly for the sake of convenience. Actually, I'm looking forward to the project, and leaving it up to my wife to pick out all the colors for the rooms. I can get it onto the walls easily enough, but when it comes to aesthetics, I'm a little lost. So now, pending the mortgage being finalized, (fingers crossed, not that there's any major blemishes on our record) and getting the inspection done, (fingers not crossed quite as tightly), it looks like we're good to go. So now, I'll try and get some rest tonight. Not anything to do with stress, which would be the obvious cause of insomnia, but rather too much to do and not enough time to do it. But isn't that always the case?

Blue, Not far from Cobalt, CT
Monday afternoon,
the sky glowing on an otherwise
dreary gray dull day-
I reach up, over the
rooftops, billboards, highways
To brush away a tiny
wisp of cloud-
Fingertips come away
covered in blue dust
from the
sunlit sky's day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home