Thursday, April 20, 2006

Termites and good ideas

The latest on the search for a house- we settled on one, got an agreement, and just had the home inspection done yesterday. It looks like termite damage, which will need to be repaired, apparently not by us; there's a codecil in the contract that covers unforeseen things like that. With a little less than a month on our apartment lease, it's kind of coming down to the wire. But having said that, I'm really not too worried about finding a place to live. At least, not yet.
In other news, there's a really great idea someone sent me a link to, so I'll pass it along. It's a blog of audio files- you can call a phone number and record a poem, which will then be posted on the blog. The link is http://1000voices.blogspot.com Pretty cool! Enjoy the spring weather,

Zombie Dreaming

Stumbling up the steps
in formulaic repetition,
zombie-like, the
mind elsewhere
Chrome-bright dreams, I
feel like I'm
drifting, dreaming of better days
Truth is, I'd still be in
the Travelling City
if I could find my way back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home